If you're like us, you love a good sleep in. You open your eyes slowly and whenever you feel like it - 8am, 10am...3pm. We get it, Netflix binges can get out of hand. Maybe you even go make yourself a coffee and crawl right back into bed with a good book, or your phone, to spend way too much time on IG catching up on last nights antics.
Realistically, these kinds of mornings are few and far between. Or never, for some of us.
Instead, it's a bright and early wake up call, then off to the office. What we've learned from the "get up and go" type mornings is that they're easier if you have something to look forward to. And each of us at Coast have developed our own morning rituals to get set for the day. We've put together a list of the top five things that make our mornings easier and are sharing them with you below:
1. Drink. No, not last night's leftover rosé. Drink a bottle of water as soon as you wake up. Keep a water bottle next to your bed so that it's the first thing you see in the morning. Drinking water when you wake up kick starts your metabolism, flushes out toxins and hydrates your body for extra brain fuel and glowing skin.
2. Gratitude. List 3 things you're grateful for. They can be big or small, keep them in your head or record them in a journal and add why you're grateful for them. This exercise is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. And that's the best way to start the day. Additional tip - if you need an extra smile boost just look up the Awww! subgroup on Reddit. Try not smiling at that.
3. Jade rolling. Ever wake up and notice that your face didn't get the memo? When our puffy faces take their sweet time to catch, we give them a boost with a jade roller. Keep it in the fridge and then take about 5 minutes to give your face a cooling massage in the morning. It'll perk your skin right up and reduce puffiness. With continued use it even helps soften wrinkles!
4. Treat yo'self. No, don't gorge on a pack of Skittles in the morning. Have a delicious (but healthy!) treat ready. Prep your favorite breakfast smoothie the night before or pick up fresh avocados the day prior to make a killer avo toast.
5. Get sweaty. Everyone's schedule is different but it's been proven that working out in the morning is best. Willpower is strongest in the morning so you're less likely to skip or slack on your workout. It gives you more energy to get through work and promotes healthier eating throughout the day. Just don't forget your post-workout dry shampoo ;).
Share your morning rituals with us in the comments below or via Instagram @coastbeauty.co.
Founder + Creative Director at Coast
Featured photo via Instagram. Source: Cara Jourdan.